Saturday, May 20, 2006

the instructor is driving me crazy

i started to learn how to drive today. really it was my first time to sit in the driver's seat and how comfortable it was! i learned how to step on the clutch, the breaks and the gas - basically the three controls you will need to get the car running. plus the gear, which i had the most difficulty to maneuver.
it was all one hour for the first lesson, though i was able to run the car about 5 miles around espana. it was okay and i think for a starter i did well.
what pestered me was the instructor who kept telling me i was too stiff and nervous. the poor guy, what did he expect? for me to have that instant confidence to move on the road after a few minutes of training.
i had a hard time really with shifting gears. my worst error was to push it down and up without pushing on the clutch. the spoiler in the passenger seat would scream in annoyance, shaking his head even or grinding in disgust. i may have harmed his car, but then again that should be expected. after all, that's what it's supposed to be - if the gear gets dislocated, then they should repair it. that's where the driving fee should go, the instructor was of no help at all.
i was not nervous, stiff maybe but not at all jittery, even with wayward drivers on my sides.
it was tough mixing the controls together or doing the pushing and the shifting all at the same time. it was crazy i got disoriented most of the time, and this guy beside me was just proving himself to be a baggage.
i would love to have another fellow teach me in my next lesson.

No comments: