Tuesday, May 13, 2008

pain in the neck

a fellow reporter really pissed me off today. this woman, whose only talent it seems is to jeer at people, ribbed me for a news story she got and i didn't. in short, in her estimation she had a scoop.
she was so loud she called out "bobo" and "tanga" directing it at no one in particular although obviously she was aiming at me for besides her two companions, i was the only other person in the press room.
i held my anger and left the room in haste. but outside i was brewing with anger. one more word from her, i told myself, and she'll get it. she wants a fight i'll give it to her.
in her unhappiness, this woman wants everybody else miserable. she's made enemies of every reporter at the central bank. i've brushed off her many attempts to pick up a fight with me but this day i was in no mood for her tantrums and i was ready to send her home in tears.
good for her, she was soon gone and out of my sight. but until now, i'm still cooling myself. she has no respect for other people, she'll not get it from me.
i'm really not good at handling anger. i'm patient but once filled, i flare up and it's really bad!
tomorrow i guess will be different. i don't take anger to bed. which is good.

No comments: